Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Malachi did pretty well trick-or-treating.  We did a couple of trial runs in the house.  He was a little uncertain when we started out, but once he had that first piece of candy, he was sold!  He said trick-or-treat a couple of times, and thank you very clearly one time, so that was fun, too.  He had a tendency to want to go IN the houses (yikes!).  When people held out bowls of candy for him to pick from, he always took just one, without us or anyone else telling him that!  I was shocked!  Although, come to think about it...they went trick-or-treating around school on Friday, so he probably picked it up there.


I'm red-faced and sweaty (lovely, I know).  It's mid-70's and Malachi wanted to be carried the WHOLE way, as usual. Although tiring, I really enjoyed carrying my little skunk! :)  He's going through a Mama-phase right now, so Daddy wasn't allowed to lend a hand (poor Kev-he's handling it pretty well, but I can tell it's hard on him). 




Kevin was a cat--of course!

I spy...a skunk!


Side note...Oh, I asked Malachi today, "What's your favorite animal?"  And he said, "Bear."  Mini-conversations like this are starting to happen!  Because the bear is his favorite, we've been singing "The Bear Climbed Over the Mountain," over and over and over again.

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Cute!! Hey, a bear is great! Especially if he calls a bear, a bear. Somehow Mamush calls his favorite penguins - "cookies" Who knows!

The Taylor Family said...

Cookies? How funny!